10 things to look for in an ERP system
Any modern ERP system will have a long list of capabilities based on the industry they serve and the modules they offer. However, there are 10 fundamental features that all enterprise resource management systems should have:
1. A common database: Centralized information and a single version of the truth – providing consistent, shared data and a cross-functional view of the company.
2. Embedded analytics: Built-in analytics, self-service BI, reporting, and compliance tools that can deliver intelligent insight for any area of the business.
3. Data visualization: Visual presentation of key information with dashboards, KPIs, and point-and-click analytics to assist in quick and informed decision-making.
4. Automation. Automation of repetitive tasks as well as advanced RPA powered by AI and machine learning.
5. Consistent UI/UX: The same look and feel across modules – as well as easy-to-use configuration and personalization tools for processes, users (including customers and suppliers), business units, locations, and product lines, for example.
6. Integration: Seamless integration of business processes and workflows and open and easy integration with other software solutions and data sources, including from third parties.
7. New technologies: Support for AI and machine learning, digital assistants, the IoT, RPA, security and privacy, and mobile.
8. Technology platform: A fast, proven, and stable technology stack for this long-term investment – including a low-code/no-code platform, iPaaS, data management, and more.
9. Multinational support: Including languages, currencies, and local business practices and regulations – as well as technical support for cloud services, training, help desk, and implementation.
10. Choice of deployment: Cloud, on-premise, or hybrid.
Source: SAP Insights